Friday, February 29, 2008

Diseaseweek

Well, I guess one of the things about conferences (especially in February) is that everyone gets sick. I've been battling a cold pretty well, then on Monday I went home with a fever (102.7) that had me in bed all day. By the end of the day though, I was dandy. My cold starting caving too, so I was back on the bike by Thursday.

So, my original plan was to power through my projects this week so I'd have a clean slate when I get Smash Brothers on Wednesday. But school decided that this dream was not to be, as my current projectload is enough to keep me busy for a while, along with a midterm on Monday. Still, I will do what I can. I think I can knock a couple out this weekend, but there's a big one I can only work on at school that might take me a couple more weeks. I'm looking forward to next year when I'll have fewer classes and fewer projects. Projects are stressful, it turns out, especially several at once.

Oh hey, I found a video of me fighting in the Brawl tournament! It's not a very good video, but I'm playing Zelda, the girl in the black dress. The camera guy is rooting for someone else, so it's hard to hear a lot of people rooting for me.



If anyone has extra hours to donate, I will take them. Although GDC was great, that extra week would have been really nice. Oh well, back to work!

3 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

That "Snail Pie" video looked pretty stressful to me, good going on the win! Didn't you have any projects at UMR? Or were you to young to experienc stress. Ha, ha, your getting old, and now your even older, and now your even older, and now your even older still.

I'll donate 4 hours and 2 minutes.

Happy Leapday

P. Jacobs said...

Neat fight! You're light arrow totally missed, but I guess smash-balls are useless anyway. Could I hear you yelling toward the beginning of that?

Hope you are having fun playing Brawl today. Us normies have to wait a few more days. Dee and I also had the flu with a fever just like that, but we are doing fine now.

Everyone seems to be super busy now. I hate it when everything seems to happen at once. I plan on having some kind of Brawl party for my b-day, so you should play me via Wi-Fi. It won't be nearly as cool as my bachlear party though. BTW, if anyone is reading this I dunno what I want for my b-day. I guess Wii stuff or a new electric shaver. Moneys and candy is good too.

I'll donate 5 days, but you have to pay me back with interest. Good luck with your projects!

Mrs. Corbett said...

So sorry 'bout the flu--I hate to say I had it too.
Hey, that sounds like the makings of a country song! That flu is H-E-L-L. If I'm going to be sick, at the very least I can look forward to reading between naps, but the headache with this virus does not allow for reading.
Good game by the way!
Mom

ps Time donations: Take all you want, I think it's all relative anyway.