Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Adventures of Sir Kelroy: Second Quest

Sir Kelroy awoke in the middle of the night to the painful cries of his broken steed, Ol Nimoy. The sting of battle had been especially harsh on Sir Kelroy's faithful motorcycle, especially since Sir Kelroy's blade, Ol Shatner, had been in the shop and he had been using Ol Nimoy as a weapon instead. Sir Kelroy's chest swelled with pity at the moanful cries of his friend and ally. If only there was something he could do to help. Oh well.

"SHUTUP" yelled Sir Kelroy. He was in no mood.

Suddenly, a bright, calming light shone through the window. Sir Kelroy sat up cautiously as he stared, and he reached for the side of his bed where his blade usually rested. Drats! An eerie ball of light crept through the wall. It was like nothing Sir Kelroy had ever seen, at least not that week. It's pulsings seemed to be in unison with the heartbeat of creation. When it spoke, it was with the voice of the angel.

"Hey, I'm your neighbor. Can you shut that motorcycle up? Me and the wife got work in the morning."

"I shall embark on thy quest, strange spirit from beyond. Buteth, I am lacking a weapon. Does thou have one to lend?"

"Ummm... k. Here's a ukulele" said the ball of light, picking up something off of Sir Kelroy's floor.

SIR KELROY HAS ACQUIRED THE LEGENDARY GUITAR BLADE, OL DEFOREST.

So Sir Kelroy went back to sleep, because he was sleepy. In the morning, he dragged Ol Nimoy out of the stable and left for town. From what he gathered from Ye Olde Google, he must gather seven legendary bike parts from seven dangerous dungeons.

Minutes later...

Sir Kelroy looked upon the first dungeon, Montlake Bike Shop. It looked to be full of scum and debacleteers. He gripped his new guitar blade, Ol Deforest. This was perhaps going to be the most difficult challenge he'd ever face, but he would go to the ends of the earth and back in order to shut that bike up.

He approached the counter. "Hey, could you give my bike a tune-up?"

"Sure, it doesn't look too bad. It'll be done Tuesday."

"I WIN. Laters, cretin!" Sir Kelroy laughed as he ran out, slashing at merchandise with his legendary weapon.

THE END.

6 comments:

P. Jacobs said...

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this:

http://www.roflcat.com/its-dangerous-to-go-alone-take-this.php


BTW, don't go in any rivers any time soon. I had a dream you drowned to death in one. Have a great week!!

Kelroy said...

Good to know! I actually almost drowned today when it was raining, and I couldn't stop staring at the sky. Then I remembered you told me not to drown. Close one!

By the way, Ness is totally back to rawk. If you haven't seen the game intro, you should, it is pretty neat.

P. Jacobs said...

Yes I saw that. I've been leaving you Wii messages about it, too. I'm not going to look at the other missing players though. I'm going to wait to find out for when I play. Surely, Tails will be with us soon though.

Mrs. Corbett said...

I'm lost with the comments, OK, the post, too--so is your bike broken?
I liked the line in your story about the calming light from the window, but I don't think it should have been bright. Bright light isn't calming unless you're laying on the beach with your eyes shut.
OK, back to super tuesday.

P. Jacobs said...

Wow Mom! You should teach short story classes at MSU or something. Seriously, if you could teach idiots like Kelly how to write decently, you could teach those idiots at MSU. Wait, that came out wrong. How do I erase those words? I don't know the words-be-gone spell.

Anyways, go Clinton and McCain!

(but mostly Clinton and hopefully Ron Paul as her Jedi Apprentice)

Mrs. Corbett said...

Riley,
piss off!