Friday, January 25, 2008

"Life's a mess, so keep a bucket nearby"

So, it looks like Sam will be visiting in March, if all goes according to plan. I will of course be busy will schoolwork, but I'll give him a list of things to do. If weather permits, there maybe some hiking. If not, I'll give him chores. What's that Sam? You want to see Seattle? Hmm... let's see... fresh out of that. CHORES.

Not much report this week. I do have a lot on my plate already, but I always like to have "more than I can handle" on my to-do list. We're setting up the architecture for our game, and take my word for it, technical documentation is the least fun part of making games. It's like ripping off a band-aid, only the band-aid is 44 pages of boring. I got to write the game design document last week though, which was a lot more fun. It basically describes the entire game. I took it upon myself to do it on my own, because that's the kind of stuff I'm into.

Also, did you know there's going to be a Wii Music? It will be a game my brother will beat me at. HERE:

If you don't know Japanese, he's saying "Riley will beat his stupid brother at this game. He will also beat his stupid sisters. He will beat everyone. Riley will be so great, he will defy the gods themselves at the very music they invented. It's too bad he's so ugly. La la la la. WIIIIIIIIII".

PS. I think they sent my financial aid to my home address, so if you all get the chance, forward it my way. Did this happen last semester?

6 comments:

Alli said...

Hey, you should probably send the financial this way instead. They must have sent it to Springfield for a reason! Haha okay I guess Kelly probably needs it more...

Glad to hear your new bucket has come in handy! Sounds like you're keeping pretty busy.

I'm with you on that. As it turns out, student teaching high schoolers is different than giving a storytime for four year olds at the library. First of all, they don't laugh at my jokes. Second of all, the job apparently requires me to activate my "heinous bitch" superpowers at times. Who would have known? Didn't even know I had any of those, but they've actually come in quite handy.

Mrs. Corbett said...

I wonder where you learned about "Chores" and how to delegate them? Well done.

Alli apparantly doesn't know much about the genetics of "heinous bitch" superpowers, or else, as the good witch said, she's had these powers all along. No ruby slippers needed.

It's a little disturbing what you've both learned from my example.

Kelroy said...

Not too mention Dee Dee's new super power of "super speed away from weather". We're like a real life version of Heroes!

Mrs. Corbett said...

The Dee Dee super power rings a bell, but I can't think what I've heard about it.
I love your phrase "44 pages of boring". I'm thinking of being a little undermining and encourage the phrase among high schoolers who are in the library typing up their assignments--Dare I eat a peach?

P. Jacobs said...

Good news from Smash Brother's Dojo!!! Aiiiiee! Good news for you at least. Check it out if you don't mind spoilers. (The Hamburgler kills Dumbledore!)

Alli said...

The hamburglar kills Dumbledore?? (pukes)