Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm a particle man?

I seriously don't have anything to talk about! I'll show some pictures from a few of my projects though. Hey, maybe we should have some kind of community blog for all of us. If I was seeing Seattle more, I'd have more to blog about, but it's hard to blog about homework.


Graphics class:
Ok, this might not seem impressive, but usually when people do graphics programming, they use some graphics tools. In this program, I'm finding the color of each individual pixel on my own. So, lots of lighting, 3D geometry, and algorithms. This class has several projects, but I like the way this one looks.



Networking:
A semester long project to make a networked game. I finished the game pretty quick, it's very simple. The networking part of it has me pulling hair though. Maybe when I finish, we can play via internet!



Our semester game project:
Schizm Fighters! It's a multiplayer battle game where you cut the ground and try to get other people to fall off. I did all the graphics stuff (including the particles). Since it's just a semester game, we probably won't be able to finish it, but we're going to try to have something playable at least.














For next year, it looks like we may be making a Zelda-style adventure game (smaller though, 3 dungeons or so) with cool mouse-gestured-based action system. For yearlong projects, they usually assign some art students to it too, so I think it could be really fun and stylish. We plan to win all the awards.

3 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

...and Jesus arose from his tomb, and in a swift but gentle motion he was chopping along his arm, as if he was chopping along his arm. Then he spoketh the words . . . "You may find yourself in a shotgun shack."


Bunnies and eggs for all to feast upon.

P. Jacobs said...

Neat games! I like the cutting floor idea. It's cool how you can change the enviroment to give you an advantage. It reminds me of bomber man only cooler. I also like that community blog idea.

Mmm, bunny eggs.

Mrs. Corbett said...

I'm into schism fighters, too! This might be a game I could actually play!
Not sure about the community blog idea--don't care how boring your life is in Seattle, I still like tuning in on Friday nights, or Monday in this case.