Saturday, November 10, 2007

Geek Speak

Ok, I don't really have much to talk about this week. I just finished several projects, and am getting ready for the final wave before the semester is over. SO I'm just going to talk about geek things.

It's been a while since I've had a cartoon to rant about, but there's a new one on Cartoon Network called Chowder that is AWESOME. It is innocent, imaginative, and hilarious, three things that are difficult to combine. I think it is by someone who has had his hands in SpongeBob and the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Anyway, it's about a chubby little kid named Chowder who lives in the magical city of Marzipan where he works as an apprentice to a legendary chef. If you're into cartoons, check it out! If not, read a book!

Mario Galaxy is a lot of fun. I've been trying to take it easy, but I'm already close to the end. It's kind of like the bonus levels from Mario Sunshine, where you jump around to different platforms and do cool things. Only, you run around on tiny planets in space, and jump between them so your gravity is switched. It feels like playing in 3.5 dimensions! Moving around can be frustrating sometimes, but I think the rest of the game makes up for it.

Ok well, that's all I got for now, laters!

8 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

Is gravity considered a dimension? Or just .5 of a dimension? I will look in the Einstienien toolbox to see about this one.

I saw your congressman on C-Span the other day. Rep. Ensee, 1st district, Kirkland, some island, and another place. He's responsible for all those windmills we saw on the mountain peaks outside of Seattle. He's also working on a lot of other alternative energy things, cool guy, vote for him, he's a Democrat.

Mrs. Corbett said...

Speaking of politics, does anyone know anything about Ron Paul? I keep meaning to look on the Internet and find out what the deal is, but haven't got around to it yet.
So Kelly, how did your projects turn out? I'm guessing it was a projects.is.great thing:)

pjacobs51 said...

Winona Ryder is playing Spocks mom!

Ron Paul is the only Republican that makes any since at all.(he's actually an independent running on the Republican ticket) and his wife looks like a supermodel. That's about all I know. But Winona Ryder is playing Spocks mom!

P. Jacobs said...

I heard Ron Paul is playing Spock's college roommate

P. Jacobs said...

I saw that Puget Sound got hit by some 90 mph winds and lost power. Aren't you close to there? Hope Ol'Nimoy didn't fly away.

Mrs. Corbett said...

What floor is your apartment on? Winds like that would not make happy sounds if up high. Or anywhere I guess.

Kelroy said...

I bet the Congressman lives on Mercer Island (That's the millionaire island fortress in the middle of Lake Washington).

Ron Paul's a neat guy! He's a real Republican that says things honestly, instead of a fanatic who just says things to get votes. I am torn between him an Obama, who is another honest politician.

I didn't even know about the windy thing, so I'm guessing it was way west of me. I should probably read the news sometimes.

Second floor!

Kelroy said...

Seems like I've been telling someone to do this show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuRfQlMu2VY for like 10 years!