Saturday, November 3, 2007

An Electric Window to Hither Scuttlegrounds

My new place is nice! I rented a big truck and moved by myself. It's only a studio apartment, but for someone who got rid of most of his stuff before he came up here, I have more space than I know what to do with. My new bike route is much quicker, and there's some not-steep hills to make sure I'm pushing myself. All in all, a big win. Also, got TV and wizardnet finally today. A wizard without the wizardnet is like a frog without lillipads: bored and unable to do work at home (don't ask me what that means for frogs, it's complicated).

Ok well, here's some pictures of my new place (I've been calling it my Goat Pad) and the nearby sacred lands of Captain Kirk.

My kitchen area is nice! Now I can cook like a crazy person.
I am not very spread out.
I am on the second floor, the three windows behind the tree. It looks like my building is made of legos.
Spud's! A good place for fish and chips. Me and my dad ate at one by my cousin's house a lot. It's like 50 years old!
A lake beach by my house early in the morning, so there's lots of fog.
I get to ride on this in the morning. I call it Zenan Bridge (ala Chrono Trigger) but so far have not fought any great battles.

7 comments:

P. Jacobs said...

Make sure you bring beef jerky to the Captain before you fight Zombor - the scary two-part skeleton monster! Aieeee!

P. Jacobs said...

That place is way better than my old studio apartment! The paint job is way cool and the windows bring in some nice light. I see you've almost masterd the Feng Shui arts. You should be able to have some crazy wicked 5-person parties there, too.

pjacobs51 said...

Mmmmm . . . Spuds! Forget the kitchen, you live next to Spuds. James T. Kirkland looks as cool as Alki Beach, you just need to find a Pegasus Pizza in the area for a complete wizards diet. A big win indeed! Congrats on your "Goat Pad"

Mrs. Corbett said...

The pictures are nice, but I told you I put your address and apartment # in Google Maps, so I've already seen your apartment.
Well, I guess when I looked your were still moving (It was last Saturday), so I didn't see everything once you got it in place. Nice!

Alli said...

Mom that is kind of creepy that you can do that! Cool, but creepy.

Your kitchen looks really nice, but will you use it all that much? Especially with Spuds up the street. I want a Spuds in Springfield, it sounds yummy. Even if it is a 50 year old potato - I'd still eat it with enough butter and cheese.

Anonymous said...

ZohMyGod

Brien said...

Man that looks like a pretty cool pad you got yourself up there